We have a range of facilities available for CCI students and staff, we do everything we can to minimise the cost, and as such all equipment is free to use and some consumables are provided. Some equipment will require a safety induction before operation, if you wish to use any equipment please ask a technician first.
- Building and Opening Hours
- CCI South London
- CCI Central London
- What access do I have to UAL technical resources?
- What kit can I borrow?
- Health & Safety
- Computers and Software
- Soldering & Electronics Bench
- Digital Knitting Machine
- Using the Silver Reed SK840 Knitting Machine
- Creating Digital Knitting Patterns with DesignaKnit
- Knitting With Conductive Yarn
- Digital Embroidery
- Using the Brother Innov-is V3 Embroidery Machine
- Creating Digital Embroidery Designs with PEmbroider
- Creating Digital Embroidery Designs with PE Design 11
- Workshop: Generative Embroidery with PEmbroider
- 3D Printing
- Laser Cutter
- Who can use the laser cutter?
- Laser Safe Materials
- Creating a file in Illustrator
- Ruby: Introduction
- How to trust Trotec Ruby certificate on Windows 10
- How to trust Trotec Ruby certificate on macOS
- Ruby: Manage Screen
- Ruby: Design Screen
- Powering on the laser cutter
- Ruby: Prepare Screen
- Ruby: Design Array
- Ruby: Produce Screen
- Focusing the laser
- Running a job
- Box maker software/apps
- Virtual Reality
- Vinyl Cutter
- Sewing Machine
- Drawing Machine
- Don't Buy These Components
Building and Opening Hours
There are 2 CCI campuses, click for more information about each:
The following hours apply during UAL Term Time.
High Holborn (CCI Central London)
This is the opening time for High Holborn during term time.
Peckham Road and Greencoat Building (CCI South London)
This is the opening times for Peckham Road and Greencoat Buildings during term time.
You can see the locations of these and nearby halls of residence on this map:
CCI South London
CCI South London is our 1st home, since 2019 we've grown into 3 buildings along the road between Camberwell and Peckham. The following courses are taught across these buildings:
UAL Sandwich Diploma:
- Graduate Diploma Creative Computing
- MA Internet Equalities
- MSc Creative Computing
- MSc Creative Robotics
- MSc Data Science & AI for the Creative Industries
- MRes Creative Computing
Peckham Road (PR) was the first building CCI occupied, we're spread across the 4th and 5th floors of the new B block at this site which opened in 2016. This complex of 4 blocks (A, B, C, D) is shared with Camberwell College of Arts who've been located here since 1898.
At the Reception, you can recieve information, LGBTQ+ pride badges, and directions to spaces.
The Security team can be found at the reception. You can identify them by their t-shirts jumpers. If you have an accident, feel unsafe or need safety support, go to the security team and they will be able to help.
The canteen is a great place to sit and work, socialise, or just have some time to yourself. Breakfast is served here from 9am and there are lots of food and drink options for everyone (halal, vegan, gluten free options etc.) Secure bike storage is situated just outside.
The SU Gallery is owned by ArtsSU and is regularly used to display student work.
The Camberwell Space shows art from external, commercial artists and aims to inspire students.